Tuesday, July 31, 2012

She's a Tease!

The worst part about having bangs is having to get them trimmed every other week! My hair grows like a weed, so before I know it I can barely see. So, my mom had a hair appointment today so I went with her to get my fringe trimmed. My mom has a stylish long blonde bob with bangs. She often goes shorter and then lets it grow, she just can't stay satisfied. She is obsessed with one of Paris Hilton's old bob cuts. Every time she goes to get her hair done she shows her hair dresser the picture but she will never go as short as it is in the picture. Today she finally took the risk and it paid off! Her hair was SO voluminous it was fabulous. I wish I could get that volume naturally!
For many years I would tease my hair near the root for a little extra volume. God I was young and stupid because everyone knows teasing is one of the worst things you can do for your hair. After trying many products and techniques I have mastered how to achieve the perfect amount of volume!
1. I love hair products, for my hair they tend to work...(I think 90% of it is mental anyway). I always apply product before blow drying from my roots to half way down my hair. My favorite product for volume is Aveda Volumizing Tonic. 
2. I always dry my hair with my head upside down for at least three minutes. Again, it may be all mental but doing this helps life the roots. I also use an Ionic Blow Dryer there are tons and tons of ionic dryers out there. Mine happens to be Conair and I love it!
3. If you feel the need to tease try back combing with a flat brush. This is much less damaging then a rats tail comb. 
4. Hair spray can also help achieve volume assuming it does not weigh down your do! Becuase hair spray can easily drench your hair I recommend spraying it in the air and walking through it (a you would do with perfume). Remember, you can always add more, but taking away would require a washing! My favorite hair spray for volume is Phyto Phtovolume Actif Volumizer Spray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment